Feyenoord’s director of football has confirmed he is waiting to hear from Tottenham Hotspur about Arne Slot’s availability but has rejected an approach from the Premier League club, he told ESPN.
The north London club are keen to step up their interest to bring the head coach to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium next season and succeed Antonio Conte.
However, on Goedemorgen Eredivisie, Dennis te Kloese has confirmed they have not had an approach from anyone regarding Slot’s availability for managerial vacancies.
The club official added that Slot turned down an approach from Leeds United who were searching for a replacement for Jesse Marsch.
“No, there has been no request from Tottenham [for Slot],” Te Kloese said.
“He [Slot] has a contract for two more years and this summer there is no release-clause in his contract, so we can say no if we want.
“We have quite a good story here as well. Champions League next year, a lot of new players were signed last summer and they proved really good players in this team and their contracts also run for quite some years to come.”
The 44-year-old head coach led the Rotterdam-based club to an Eredivisie title last week after seeing his side picked up a 3-1 win over Emmen
Slot led the Rotterdam based club to their Eredivisie title last week, with the 44-year-old refusing to comment on reports linking him to Tottenham prior to their match with Emmen on Sunday.
He has played down his future but has hinted before that his next job will not be in the Netherlands.
As well as Slot’s job interests, Te Kloese has gone on record to say he has turned down an approach from Spurs who are still seeking someone to replace Fabio Paratici after the Italian resigned from his post last month following a worldwide football ban.
Te Kloese stated he is not interested in moving away from Feyenoord for the time being.
He added: “It’s not an option right now. I said ‘no’ and I also don’t have any interest.
“I’ve made the choice to work for Feyenoord and that is still a great honour. We have made really good steps last year and then to say: ‘Let’s hear what I can do for other clubs,’ is not an option for me. I want to be very clear: It will not happen.”